[random-ness] Shopping at Changi City Point + Teochew Yam Mooncake by Mdm Ling Bakery

Mask fashion is trending lately, and my favorite colleague, EL got me a cute face mask with Tokidoki prints. Thanks for the lovely mask, and I love it loads!



I took a day off from work, and my perfect Friday is to spend quality time with my Baby! It has been a long hiatus since I last visited the Jalan Tua Kong Lau Lim Mee Pok aka ‘Art of Mee Pok’. Both Baby and I were craving for fishball noodles, so Baby drove down to Simpang Bedok to satisfy our cravings.



After our lunch, we went over to Changi City Point for some retail therapy. We shopped hard at Nike Outlet Store as it offers an additional 40% discount off your total purchase if you pick 4 items or more! I picked up these running shoes and the final price I paid was SGD36 as I combined this purchase with my baby's 3 other items! I love the gold color of the shoes that goes well with most of my outfits!




Starbucks is our favorite haunt for afternoon tea, so we always end up spending our 'RKMoment' there. Baby is a Starbucks’ member, and he is entitled a slice of cake as well as a free drink on his birthday month! Thanks Starbucks for the complimentary drink and the carrot cake!


We're back at Jewel at Changi Airport again, after a hiatus of 7 months! Our intention of this visit to have dinner, but to our surprise, the mall was pretty crowded especially at the basement! There were long queues at many food establishments which would result in us having to join the queue. To avoid that, we decided to settle for our dinner at the Five Spice Food Court instead. Finding seats at the premises was a breeze which led me thinking that many fellow Singaporeans are willingly to wait and spend more for ambience dining!






For a relaxing refreshment, Sweetie and I tried out the new released drinks from Gong Cha. It has a zesty taste with chewy Star-shaped jelly for a more fruity bite! 



Nothing beats sipping a cold and refreshing cup of newly launched delicious Starry Fruit Party! Try it out soon at Gong Cha!


As usual, Baby came over to Suntec City to fetch me from my work, and we settled for dinner at Genki Sushi. We waited for a while before being directed to our seats by the staff. We ordered quite a few random sushi items and our orders 'rode' in on a mini Shinkansen (Bullet Train) all the way from the kitchen to the respective table by a special track. This is definitely faster than a conveyor belt!

 


If you are looking for economical Japanese sushi, Genki Sushi might be a pit pricey! Oh well, we do enjoy a treat once in a while, and the taste made up for its worth on the money spent!



Happy weekend! I love to start my day with a bowl of comforting porridge for breakfast, so I decided to try out the newly launched Ohayo Porridge from KFC at 888 Plaza



Being a fan of Japanese cuisine, I loved the concept of Furikake being added to the porridge, as it enhanced the overall taste and flavor of the porridge.


I am from a Teochew dialect family, and we love ‘orh nee’! I really enjoy the Timeless Teochew Thousand-Layer Spiral Yam Mooncake by Mdm Ling Bakery. The smooth yam paste was less sweet yet had a natural yam aroma. This really satisfied an ‘orh nee’ lover like me!

 


I really love the mooncake tin box which features my childhood favorite board-game - Snakes and Ladders. Now I can play the game with my family members while enjoying the mooncakes!



 I’m glad that you have popped by my humble space and thanks for reading too!

Comments

I love this cake from Starbucks.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA