Long Weekend Vacation - Day 02: Tokyo, Japan

Good morning! It's Day 2 in Tokyo, and I wore the ballerina sneakers which I got from GU!


Our room stay was inclusive of breakfast, and we headed down to the café for our breakfast buffet. The spread was pretty decent.


After out brekkie, we made our way to Harajuku - one of the famous fashion shopping areas in Tokyo, and nobody will fail to visit here when visiting Tokyo as it is a well-known street for trendy and fashionable shops, cafes and restaurants. My main agenda this time on the re-visit was to visit the Daiso here, as the place is quite large and offers 4 floors of products that ranged from foodstuffs, stationery, household and personal grooming products.



After that, we walked over to Omotesando by foot for lunch at Kaiten Sushi Ginza Onodera. We waited almost an hour to enter the dining area. 




Unlike traditional kaiten sushi restaurants, there is no conveyor belt here. Instead, the restaurant offers counter seating that encircles the chefs’ work area. We placed our orders using a tablet positioned in front of us, and the chefs promptly prepared the sushi and placed the plates on the counter for us to pick up. 

The quality is way above the average sushi chains. However, the prices are higher than in other kaiten sushi restaurants and this could be the most expensive kaiten sushi restaurant in Japan.


The rice was seasoned with red vinegar, and I enjoyed it very much, It complemented the fattiness of the fish very well.












We paid more than 10,000 yen in total but we ordered mostly premium items as you can see from the photos. It wasn’t a cheap meal! With the level of service and food quality we experienced, we would not hesitate to visit Kaiten Sushi Ginza Onodera again on future trips to Japan. 

I highly recommend to give it a try, as it is a solid option if you like to sample a variety of good quality sushi and select what you want. 


Baby purchased an advanced reservation for us to visit Chiikawa Bakery, as this is mandatory to enter the store! It’s the cutest patisserie in the universe, and every Chiikawa fan must visit. 






They sell a variety of Chiikawa-shaped bread, sweet treats, and exclusive merchandise. The main offering of Chiikawa Bakery is all their delectable bread that is freshly baked each day.



I particularly loved their selection of plushies. They carry all Chiikawa characters as bakers in the kitchen. I picked up a Chiikawa, and he had the cutest hat and apron. 













Honestly, I had to stop myself from buying everything. This place was really bad news for my wallet. I spent 7700 yen on both the bakeries and merchandises. 


Chiikawa Bakery is an absolute dream come true for those who appreciate cute designs and delicious flavors! It is definitely a must-visit, as the pastries and breads were so well made! 


While heading to Shibuya Parco by foot, I came across an outdoor event - d'Alba's 'Your Glow, Your Color' Pop-up. During the event, I joined in a fun activity by testing d'Alba's Waterfull Tone-Up Sun Cream and voted for my favorite d'Alba Sun Cream.





I am glad that I was given a coupon to redeem a scoop of ice-cream to beat the scorching weather! 



I left the event with a goody bag with some delightful products and gifts! Thanks, d'Alba!


We walked over to THEJOJO WORLD which is located at Shibuya Parco. Baby is a big fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and he got some exclusive merchandise from store. 




Apart from the purchase, we also visited the Iggy Cafe! 




After leaving Shibuya, we headed to Nakano Broadway. I picked up some personal and beauty care items from the SunDrug store

We had our dinner at our favorite place for Japanese ramen - Ichiran Ramen! This is a mandatory eat at any parts of Japan we visit! The soup broth tasted awesome, and the noodles were firm and chewy too.


This eatery place is highly recommended to people who are looking for tasty ramen! The prices could have be more affordable though, but as a touristy joint, it's your best bang for buck for great Ramen.


We headed back to our hotel after some shopping. Time for unboxing my bakery purchase from the Chiikawa Bakery.








Stay tuned to our day tour to Kamakura - scenic coastal city in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. 

Comments

Pastries from chiba bakery look so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

[launch event] mc2 - Singapore's first-ever Smart Blind Fashion Gallery

[Media Drop] Snowperk + TSUBAKI Premium Ex Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner Treatment

[product review] Amino Mason Scalp & Repair Milk Cream Shampoo + Amino Mason Moist Hair Oil + The Skin House Wrinkle Supreme Serum