[Random] Dinner at Shin Katsu + LONGJING Restaurant + TSUBAKI haircare pop-up + Guardian Wellness Fiesta + Mindfull Walk 2026

RKM’s Fri-date after work - we visited Shin Katsu which is located along Tanjong Pagar Road.



After placing our orders, an 'Amuse Bouche' was given to us as a welcome dish. This chilled tomato soup was sweet, refreshing and perfectly prepared our palate for our Tonkatsu mains.


I loved my Japanese Curry Rice, and the curry was leaning towards a darker roux, with a deeper roasted flavor instead of the standard sweet note. The gravy coated the rice well and paired tastily with the pork loin, which was thick and moist.

 The portion was generous to the point where I felt grateful for the miso soup and cabbage which were flow to go along with our mains.


The free-flow soup was equally remarkable. This wasn’t your usual miso soup in fact it was tonjiru - a hearty Japanese soup made with thinly sliced pork and vegetables simmered in a rich, miso-flavored dashi broth. 

On the Tonkatsu itself, the meat was incredibly juicy inside, with a crispy breadcrumb coating on the outside. There was no unpleasant porky aftertaste.


The damage was pretty pricey, but if you enjoy tonkatsu, this place is definitely worth a visit.


I finally got the chance to dine in at the immensely popular restaurant LONGJING which is located at Suntec City. They always have long lines queuing so it was with delight i managed to chance upon a short queue this time. This eatery place has its origins from Hangzhou, the city famed for West Lake and its tea fields. LONGJING serves authentic Zhejiang cuisine by a Michelin-starred chef. 





We ordered the Vermicelli Wrapped Shrimps which is served sizzling hot on a pan, it slowly simmered to cook, while absorbing all of that tasty seasoning. 


I love the Dongpo Pork Ribs the best, it is inspired by the classic Hangzhou dish. 




LONGJING is worth a visit, as the restaurant delivers food with home-style comfort, especially if you are curious about Hangzhou flavors.


Meryl and I visited TSUBAKI's first-ever haircare pop-up in Singapore at Plaza SingapuraThere was a journey of activities that started off by activating a digital journey card for collection of stamps as we went through  the different zones.



We made use of the event-exclusive discounts and gift redemptions to purchases some our favorite haircare products. What was better was that we were given more freebies with purchases!

We completed all activities to get a complimentary Tsubaki Travel Pouch Set worth $40! 




Guardian is bringing back its Wellness Fiesta for a second year, and I decided to attend the event, as I missed their inaugural event. 


It was a lovely afternoon spent at the event, as there were more than 100 leading beauty, health, and personal care brands. I got an introduction to some new beauty products.


I was given 2 activity cards to start my exploration of this mega event. I was rewarded with tons of samples and a stamp when I completed each activity in the card.


In the end, I brought home tons of samples and gifts after completion of the activity card! 


Both Baby and I attended the Mindfull Walk 2026 which was held at the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park. It was a mental health mass walk themed ‘Coming Together’, and the event featured a 2.5km Walkathon and some carnival games. 



The event was ultimately meant to support and spread awareness of mental wellbeing. It was so heart warming to see the little things we do to make a big difference to the needy! Do bear in mind, that remember, you are not alone, and there is always a helping hand whenever you are in need


After the walk, we went home to wash up, and headed straight to Ivy’s place as we were invited by her to attend her housewarming event.  


Thanks Baby for getting the Monchhichi Colourful Fantasy Blind Box which is only available at Shell Select! There are 5 regular fantasy-inspired designs and a hidden Secret Edition.



I got the regular red color instead. Nevertheless, I still love it! 


I redeemed my shopping points from FairPrice to exchange for a Disney Pooh Bear Hair Dryer. I love the temperature indicator which will show how hot, warm or cold it is when the air blows out from the device.


I end my post with a meal with Sweetie at Hvala which is located at Odeon 333, as her birthday fell in July. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[launch event] mc2 - Singapore's first-ever Smart Blind Fashion Gallery

[Media Drop] Snowperk + TSUBAKI Premium Ex Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner Treatment

[product review] Amino Mason Scalp & Repair Milk Cream Shampoo + Amino Mason Moist Hair Oil + The Skin House Wrinkle Supreme Serum