Omakase lunch at Kyoten Japanese Cuisine

Kyoten Japanese Cuisine was a place that I was recommended to by my colleague and when I tried  searching for reviews online, there were actually some mixed reviews on them. This restaurant is headed by a non-Japanese chef, but we were still rather excited to give this place a try. It is located near the Plain Vanilla Bakery at Tiong Bahru. Luckily, I made an advance lunch reservation as this Sushi-ya eatery place was actually very crowded during lunch time. We were here for their Omakase.


Since this was our first time here, we decided to keep things slow, so we decided to go with their most basic () KYO Lunch Omakase which consisted of the following courses:

• Seasonal Appetizer
先付
• Japanese Steamed Egg
茶碗蒸
• Chef’s Nigiri Sushi (9 pieces)
握り寿司(九貫)
• Chef’s Finishing Dish
仕上げ皿
• Miso Soup
味噌汁
• Dessert
デザート


The Seasonal Appetizer served was Ikura (Salmon roe). I love the refreshing lime zest and juice that enhanced the overall taste.


Chawanmushi - A well-executed smooth and silky cup of Japanese Steamed Egg with a flavorful dashi stock.


The () KYO Lunch Omakase course came with 9 pieces of Nigiri Sushi. I was glad they prepared them in a constant speed!


The lovely sweet taste from the Botan Ebi boosted up my confidence on this Omakase meal, as it was the second sushi served







I like the Kampachi with Radish Jelly, as the The radish jelly gave a well- balanced taste to it.




The Otoro (Fatty Tuna) was really good, as the soft fats just literally melted in my mouth! 


Both Baby and I loved Uni, as it was sweet and creamy, and we had the sense of satisfaction.


We were also served a piece of Tamago Castella.



As for the Miso Soup 味噌汁 and Dessert デザート, we had a bowl miso soup and a scope of Yuza Sorbet which was nothing special to shout about.

There were some really good pieces of sushi that Kyoten Japanese Cuisine offers. We have a golden rule when it comes to Omasake or Michelin Star restaurants, and that is always to go for their lunch set, as they offer reasonable prices for lunch.

The most important tip: Do not ignore the note on the reservation via Chope that ‘counter seats were not guaranteed’. Just request for counter seats if you want to be seated there, as it doesn’t matter what Chope says. I personally feel that to enjoy a full Omakase 
experience, you have to be seated at the counter. Having Omakase at tables is simply unacceptable!


I was really surprised by Kyoten Japanese Cuisine as it does exceed my expectations and I am pretty impressed. Baby and I are planning for their 5-course lunch set on our next visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA