Meal for 2 at Shao + Kota88 Restaurant + TamJai SamGor

September is Baby’s birthday month, so I booked a table for us for dinner at 'Shao', a Teochew Seafood Restaurant which is located at the Frankel Avenue.


 

Ever since the first visit to 'Shao', I have been in love with their version of the Wok Fried Hor Fun, as every piece of thick Hor Fun (flat rice noodle) was coated in fragrant oil and aroma garlic and radish bits. I like the ‘wok hei’ quality in every mouthful we took!

Fried Salted Egg Yam

Luffa with Scallops and Superior Broth

 


I added the Fried Prawn Roll as it is a MUST-ORDER item for me. It tasted delicious and it was priced at SGD8 for 4PCS.

 

The damage was SGD65-ish. In summary, we had a sharing plate of Hor Fun, Luffa with Scallops, Fried Prawn Roll, Fried Salted Egg Yam, and a bowl of white rice. Nevertheless, we will be coming back again to try other dishes despite the pricey damage, as the quality of the food is top notch!



Kota88 Restaurant is a laid-back restaurant along East Coast, and it has an extensive and impressive menu of Chinese-Indonesian food on offer.



We started off with our cocktail - Pink Chrysanthemum


We also shared the Sate Babi (10 sticks), and the meat chunks were tender and coated with a layer of sweet soy sauce.



We also ordered a plate of Cha Sio & Sio Bak, which I  felt was nothing special to shout about. I think I had better ones!



I like the Fu Yung Hai – an Indonesian crab omelette dish served with homemade sweet and sour sauce. The tomato-based gravy enhanced the whole dish better!




The damage was pretty hefty for the amount of food we ordered. For the food quality wise, there is definitely room for improvement!



I bought a packet of Muar Otah - Mackerel Fillet & Prawn and Plain Roti Prata from Fairprice. I decided to make Otah Puff for brekkie for the both of us.



I cut the Otah into half to make 2 puffs, and before giving it the airfry treatment, I sprinkled some sesame seeds on them. It's best served hot when the Prata turns crispy!)



Both of us enjoyed the puffs, and it is so easy to prepare that I will make them soon for breakfast again!


I end my post with my recent weekday dinner at TamJai SamGor which is located at Chinatown Point. I had the ‘Guo Qiao Mi Xiang’ (过桥米线), and it tasted pretty good! We also ordered a side dish to go along our main.


Comments

Like always all looks very tasty.

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA